Reduce your bill

Reduce your bill

You can claim a Council tax discount, exemption, reduction or relief if you:

live on your own and are 18 or over

live with people not counted for Council tax

have certain adaptations in your home for disabled people

are on a low income or benefits

If you live on your own and are 18 years old or over, you’re entitled to 25 per cent off your Council tax bill.

If your income is low you may be able to claim Council tax support.

If you are of pensionable age, Council Tax Support can be any amount up to 100 per cent of your Council Tax liability.

Working age people with disabilities can have their Council Tax reduced by up to 80 per cent.

For everyone else, Council Tax Support can be reduced by up to 75 per cent.

In exceptional circumstances there is also Council Tax discretionary payment. Discretionary payments are short term help to reduce Council Tax in special circumstances.

Please click 'Website' to go to the council page on reducing your bill

To Top