Peabody - Benefits and Money saving advice

What we can deal with

Our team can assist you in all aspects of welfare benefits including:

Housing Benefit and Council Tax

Job Seeker's Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance applications and decisions

Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Working and Child Tax Credits

Benefit appeals and tribunals

Spare Room Subsidy (bedroom tax)

Benefit cap

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

Universal Credit

Social Fund applications

Debt advice

How it works

Our team will assess your needs and if required assign an advisor to help you. Some cases will take a matter of days to resolve while others can take longer.

If we aren't able to help with your query, we will signpost you to an organisation who can.

CAB have been commissioned to deal with “First UC claims” but once clients have received their first full payment we can then support them with any issues around their claim up until then it would be still held with CAB. We can only support with mandatory reconsiderations and appeals as long as we have had some input with their claim i.e. helped after they have received their first full payment

If you are a resident, please click 'IN' to request a consultation.

We give advice to residents on:

how to switch your energy supplier

reducing electricity and gas use

energy and water debts

water saving freebies

reading meters

keeping water bills low

energy grants such as the Warm Home Discount grant (£140 towards electricity bills if eligible)

reduced water tariffs

staying warm and well in the home

If you'd like a visit please click 'p' to go to Money and Energy saving Advice form below and our partner organisation will get in touch with you to book you up directly.

To Top